Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Great Lawn Seed Race


So, I haven't managed to do a whole lot of gardening this weekend, save for a bit of weeding of the vege box. But, I'm still trying to get some grass seed to grow in my back yard --- but all my attempts so far have failed.

Right, so it's some to apply some science here. I'm going to do a controlled experiment to compare two kinds of grass seed: Yates "Lush" lawn seed versus Tui SuperStrike "Sun n Shady" seed. I've had no luck with the yates seed at all really. The Tui see cost almost twice as much as the yates, so fingers crossed.

So, the experiment is simple: i've put some compost into two lids, and sprinkled the seed on top. Then, I water and keep moist until the seed germinates. I've put the lids into the "shed", which gets less sun than the garden --- so should help to keep it moist. The Tui seed is supposed to germinate in 7 days, so it won't take long to find out the answer!

1 comment:

  1. A seed is a small embryonic plant enclosed in a covering called the seed coat.The article is presented here is very informative and most important. Thanks for sharing the information
    Lawn Seed

    ReplyDelete